SNC Students, Faculty, and Staff
Simple Method (recommended):
- Email your document to email@example.com. This puts it in the "Follow Me" queue.*
- Walk up to any printer, scan the QR code, release (only attachments will print, not the email message itself).
This method will assume these default settings: double-sided, black & white, one copy.
Additional Method for Faculty/Staff using a college-owned computer:
- Three additional methods to send a document to the "Follow Me" printer:
You MUST be logged into your SNC Gmail account for these to work. Your personal account won't work.
- If you're printing a Google Doc, Sheet, or Slides in Chrome, you can use "File > Print".
- Login to Google Cloud Print and click the big red button.
- If you want to be able to select color or black and white or one-sided or two-sided or multiple copies, login to papercut.snc.edu (using six-letter login ID), click the green button, follow the prompts to send your document to the "Follow Me" printer.
- You can also release the print job on the nearest printer using any of these methods:
- Walk up to the printer, swipe your SNC ID card (if the printer has a card swipe), then release.
- Visit the Print Release web app (pr.snc.edu), select your printer from the list, then release.
- Login on the printer keypad with your six-letter login ID, follow the prompts to release.
Additional Method for Faculty/Staff using any computer (including personally owned):
- If you have a printer installed on your computer, you can use the traditional "File > Print" method. This only works while you're on campus. You may also be interested in this knowledge base article: How To Install A Printer.
- Login to Google Cloud Print, click the big red button to upload your document.
- In addition to the "Follow Me Printer", you'll see a complete list of all printers on campus (if you've used Google Cloud Print before, your most recently used printers will be at the top of the list). Click the printer you want to use. You can also start typing a printer name (i.e. "BOYLE") in the search box to narrow the list of printers.
- Follow the remaining prompts to send your document directly to the printer.
When sending your document via email, it must come from your SNC email address so that
it knows who you are. Also, attaching a Google apps document directly via Drive will not work, as that's not actually
an attached document (it's a link). Instead, try saving the file as a PDF, then attach that.